Take the Train
The True North Ale Company brewery and taproom can be reached by a scenic, 1-mile walk from the Ipswich MBTA commuter rail station. Click here to download the walking map!
- Take the North Station-Newburyport MBTA commuter rail line to the Ipswich stop.
- Turn right leaving the rail station, walking on the sidewalk toward town along Market St.
- Turn right at the second intersection onto Union St.
- Immediately walk to the back of the EBSCO parking lot on the left.
- Follow the walkway along the river to the Ipswich Riverwalk Footbridge
- After crossing the river, turn right onto South Main Street.
- Walk past the historic Whipple House.
- Turn right and walk south along the length of the South Village Green and onto County Rd.
- Cross County Rd. at the second set of lights at the Powder House Village and V.F.W./YMCA entrance.
- Continue south a short distance along County Rd.
- Look for the big red True North Ales building behind Aubuchon Hardware at 116 County Rd.